Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Christmas Cookie and Ornament Exchange 12/17/16
















Every year I host a Christmas Cookie and Ornament Exchange at my house! It's so much fun! Every one I invite brings a dish and beverage to share and I make the main course! I made a smoked salmon chowder that is so delicious and it is requested year after year!

Anyone can host a Cookie and Ornament Exchange! It's so much fun and so easy! Everyone that you invite makes/brings cookies that they want to exchange! So if they bring a dozen (12) cookies, they get to take a dozen variety of cookies of their choice! If they bring 2 dozen (24) they get to take 24 cookies at the end of the party! And so on! Just be sure that they let everyone know what kind of cookies they will be making and bring so that there isn't a duplicate of the same cookie! Variety is always good! This year I made Lemon Lovers Cookies and Kenny made a delicious select variety of chocolate covered pretzels with bacon and all shorts of colorful,candied sprinkles!

And as for the Christmas Ornament Exchange, they could either buy one or make one! I always have made ours because its so much more un to get something unique! Especially if theres that one ornament that someone has to have!

So be sure to explain to your invited guest if they want to play the ornament exchange, they must bring one and whoever they will be bringing to the party! The more the merrier! 

The way you play the game is, I have a bowl filled with number 1-40! Depending on how many people I'm going to have there. Including children! So everyone there that brings a WRAPPED Ornament, gets to pick a number from that bowl. They must know their number as I will call that number, and when that number is picked they will be the first to pick a wrapped ornament. So, the first person gets to get the first pick. Then, the next number I pick will go next, now that person could either pick a new wrapped gift (Ornament) OR they could STEAL the persons gift! But, if that persons ornament gets taken away, they can't steal it back. They have to get a new wrapped ornament. And then the next person goes who's number I call next. They could either pick a new wrapped gift OR go steal someone's they REALLY like! See the picture? It's SO much fun! 

On the bottom of this album, you will see a wire wrapped salmon I made called,"The Spawning Salmon!" I've made one like it without the colored wire last year! And last year it was so much fun watching people steal it because it was so unique and no one has seen one like it! I usually make mukluk ornaments! I will be on my game next year and make more early on! Adriana helped and made really cute wire wrapped Christmas Tree's!




No comments: