Monday, September 10, 2007

First Day of School in Naknek!





We've had a wonderful summer here in Naknek. Got to meet alot of people here and the girls made some new friends. Drew worked at the Borough for the summer and he's now back to teaching! Day after day Skylar and Adriana would ask us when school was starting," Lot's more sleep till school?" And hold up ten fingers and toes. Then it got down to just two more sleeps, then one more. This morning I went to the girls room to wake them up and Addie was sleeping on Adriana's bed. Sky and Ana were together on Skylar's bed all cuddled up and warm! Awwwww!!!! I kissed them both and said," Good morning girls time for school." Skylar bolted up rubbing her eyes and said," No More Sleep!?" They were so excited I had no problem waking them up. Ana was in a rush for me to do her hair and put her earrings on. She was nice enough to pick out earrings for her sister. Drew ordered their backpacks from Amazon and school supplies, but backpacks haven't showed yet. So, Skylar had a Scholastic small backpack with Dora The Explorer and Adriana had a BIG black side pack. They both didn't mind! So we packed their lunch and school supplies and I drove them to school. I know, even though we live just a 5 minute walk, I drove them to school, just so I can drive off to work from there. Addie was M.I.A (missing in action) her second period. They were doing fire drills and a bunch of students and teachers were still outside. Addie didn't show at her second period class, English. So, they called me at work and asked if she was with me or maybe at home. But she was outside waiting to go in from the mornings first fire drill! So, that was exciting enough!

No comments: