Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sunday Afternoon on Pauls Creek






We went for a hike near Paul's Creek for the afternoon. We drove out there, parked our truck on the side of the road. We started our hike on this muddy trail and Drew asks me," So, sweetie, did you bring the camera?" I turned and said," NO!" Lately it's always me with the camera in hand. Otherwise, I wouldn't have this blog! We must have walked a total of a mile and a half. The trail was filled with cranberries and wild tea! If that trail didn't have a name, Drew called it Cranberry Lane. From left to right throughout the entire trail, the tundra was filled with pine trees, brush and wild tea, and every inch you walked there was a cranberry! We didn't have any buckets or cups to fill. But thank God we had a gallon zip lock bag! Otherwise those berries would have been out there unpicked, gone and maybe picked by others if we hadn't been there. This week, after work, I'll take the girls back and do more picking. We didn't get any salmon berries this year, got a gallon of blue. I'm not gonna miss out on the luscious, juicy, tart, red cranberries this year! Don't you all just love homemade cranberry sauce with turkey at any holiday meal, especially at Thanksgiving and Christmas! Here are my 21, 1/2 pint jars I made from a gallon of cranberries! Yummy!

1 comment:

Damon said...

Great pics. It looks like you guys are really getting into the berries. I told Heidi and we've got to get some more. You're showing us up. :)