Friday, February 01, 2008

Naknek Community Health Aides


Sheri Thomas is a Community Health Practitioner (CHP) and just 6 months shy of 20 years with Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation. She has worked in New Halen for 7 years, a small community North from here before making Naknek her home! She has been working in Naknek for 12+ years! It's been a pleasure working with her and I hope to get more years under my belt and the experience they have as a CHP!

Michael Trefon is from New Halen,Alaska. He just completed Session II and spent two weeks here in Naknek to get his 40 patients so he can begin taking call. He's been working with Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation since December 16th, 2006. He'll be working in his own clinic in a village of 200 people. I wish you the best of luck in all your future training!

I've been a health aide now for five years. I've worked in Stebbins and St.Michael, Alaska for four and a half years before moving to Naknek where my family and I live.

Here's Michael Trefon and Caroline Finney in front of a beautiful background with frost covered willow and birch! Caroline has been a health aide for well over 15 years. She has traveled all over the Bristol Bay Region in the past as an Itinerant Health Aide before making Naknek her permanent home. She is a CHP (Community Health Practitioner).

No comments: